Assistant Executive Director Otsego County United Way
The Otsego County United Way is hiring for a full-time Assistant Executive Director (AED.) As a small nonprofit organization, you will have the opportunity to be immersed in a fast-paced environment, with exposure to different work opportunities and projects. The AED will work directly with the Executive Director and Team to accomplish the organizational mission of uniting resources to build a stronger community. We accomplish this mission in 4-ways:
· Being the Volunteer Hub of Otsego County
· Serving as a safety net for vulnerable populations
· Granting dollars to nonprofit organizations
· Keeping a pulse of community needs and priorities
As the AED you will manage projects, fundraise, and work with vulnerable neighbors. Working in both a macro (in-direct) and micro (direct) capacity within the community. Using high level technology and communication skills to propel the mission of the OCUW forward
· Work with vulnerable populations in collecting data to help pay bills and tracking case management data.
· Assist in overseeing a case management database by ensuring all correspondence, notes, and action items are accurately documented.
· Helps develop plans to meet unexpected crisis situations and new developments; prepares for emergencies; keeps abreast of changes in the field.
· Provide referrals, to outside services and resources.
Volunteer Management -
· Recruit, train, organize and manage volunteers (age 54 and under).
· Schedule and communicate with volunteers and volunteer sites.
· Coordinate day of service events like Day of Caring or Martin Luther King Day.
· Develop marketing or advertisement campaigns for special projects.
· Assist in providing comprehensive outreach and consultation services using traditional in-person presentations, social media, and other creative multi-media efforts.
· Assist in the development of outreach campaigns, including social media and web presence.
· Public speaks and serves as a voice and advocate for the agency's mission.
· Keep clients, stakeholders, constituents and the community via snail mail and email-based communications.
· Collaborate with community partners.
Assist Executive Director with the following administrative tasks-
· Perform basic office duties (checking voicemail, checking email, greeting customers, ordering office supplies, mail log, file documents, organize files).
· Help create a plan and write budgets for specific programs or special events.
· Plan, organize, monitor, review and help direct organizational functions.
· Special event planning, coordination, and data collection.
· Works with the director to ensure strategic plan goals are being met.
· Assist in data collection of all programs to develop and maintain best practices.
· Help manage, communicate, and organize staff calendars.
· Assist with board management including communications and tracking board meeting data.
· Assist in reporting of federal, state, and local dollars for programs.
· Identify research and develop solicitation methods for potential funding sources (organizations and individuals).
· Assist with administrative roles for Office 365 and Google Suite.
· Keep the website up to date.
· Set up a point of sale system for donations/event sales/recurring payments, track incoming monies.
· Volunteer Center Sign Up Genius forms, correspondence, and tracking.
· Utilize mail chimp for bulk email messaging.
· Donor Dock: Document incoming donations (donor name, address, amount, designation and generate individual thank you notes using a database system).
· Run iChats (background checks) on volunteer applicants.
Bachelor’s degree in Sociology, Social Work, Nonprofit Organization Management, or another human services degree. Or a minimum of 5 years of professional experience in social services, social work, human service management, or nonprofit work may be accepted. Marketing and tech savvy skills are a must. Valid driver’s license and proof of insurability required.
· Full-time, Salary: $36,000
· Opportunities to work from home when projects allow
· $1000 in lieu of health insurance
· Retirement plan with employee match
· In the first year of employment between holiday, sick, vacation and personal time there is access to 30 days of PTO; year two, PTO increases
· Since 2019, all employees have received an annual pay raise based on performance and funding
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com